I may be leaving you.

I may be leaving you, I don’t want to but there is no makeshift way of doing this, I wish to change the website address for this site to be more professional as I’m led to believe the .wordpress.com ending is not professional enough.

Those of you who may have read some of my previous posts will know I am a complete Luddite with regard to computer stuff so it rather feels like I am about to whisked off for major surgery uncertain whether I shall see you all on the other side.

surgery-1822458_1920

There is always a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow so they say and I hope they’re right as I have no wish for the serpent to bite me and cause me to return to the early days of blogging when I had no followers at all, I’ve only recently got used to the idea of having them.

As I’ve said before my knowledge of computer stuff is limited, I have no idea what a cookie does and have only recently got the idea of a ping back.

biscuit-1832917_1920

I don’t have to worry too much as my friend who was going to assist with the changeover is now unavailable but should I suddenly disappear off the radar do try to find me on https://thediaryofacountrybumpkin.com and to all those who realised I was taking part in the 3TC challenge PL32 and the FOWC with Fandango please enjoy this post, assuming of course that the pingbacks work!

Advertisements

About The Diary of a Country Bumpkin

I am a retired actor, although to be honest I only retired because I wasn't getting any work and the option of becoming an unemployed actor/waiter at my age was ludicrous, especially as my waiting skills are non-existent. Having said I’m retired, I don’t think there really is such a thing as a retired actor for I am still available for work, I just don’t have an agent or any connections with regards to obtaining any worthwhile work. I have over the years done student films when there is nothing else available, always low paid (if at all) the only incentive was always the promised copy of the finished film for your show reel which nine times out of ten always failed to materialise. I spent many years looking after my aged mother who had dementia, hence the lack of acting work but shortly after her death I was lucky enough to run into an ex-girlfriend of many years ago and our romance blossomed once again, resulting in us getting married in 2013. My move to the countryside inspired me to write The Diary of a Country Bumpkin which tells of my continuing dilemmas in dealing with the rigors of the countryside from the unexpectedly large number of pollens, fungal moulds and hay products waiting to attack the unsuspecting townie. I enjoy writing, see my play Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori on The Wireless Theatre Company, The Plays Wot I Wrote and The Battle of Barking Creek both available on Amazon.co.uk and am very fond of classic cars so my ideal occupation would be acting in a film I had written set in the 1930s/40s, we live in hopes. I am delighted to say that since venturing to the countryside where space is not quite the premium it is in town, I have due to the availability of two double garages acquired more classic cars to form a small collection the pride of which are a 1947 Bentley Mk VI and a 2000 Bentley Arnage. My various blogs and websites are continually evolving and I’m sure that by following the appropriate links you will find something which will edify or amuse.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to I may be leaving you.

1. Sadje says:

Don’t worry, we will find you if you disappear.

2. Suze says:

you just think you can disappear…but we who follow shall always find you.

3. Clever. I’ll find you though……….Hubby has ways!!!!

4. There is no escape. We will discover your whereabouts. See that blinking cursor? It’s watching you!

5. Jessica says:

Oh my god! When I read the title I was digging my brain of what to say thinking that you might be seriously ill or something. haha 😀 So glad that you’re simply moving your “home”. And even if you move I’ll be able to track you down, so go, and feel me that my eyes are on you (O.O)

6. ilonapulianauskaite says:

Good luck, the best wishes🤗

7. Susi Bocks says:

Hi Country Bumpkin 🙂
    I wanted to stop by and say thank you for the follow on I Write Her. I do hope you enjoy my postings. As to your “more professional look”, it’s possible to assign a purchased domain name on a free WP account. I believe you’ll find the option to migrate it in the settings area. Good luck!

8. Laurie says:

I am thinking about making a similar switch. If you do, please let me know how you like it. I am hopeless at technology too!

• I have changed the domain name on one of my other blogs https://joesbookpage.com which is working successfully, you need to go to the place where it is being hosted and get the release code then in the back of your wordpress you can find how to change it. Mine has a link on the left hand side which says free domain available. If you follow that it’s fairly simple I seem to remember. I decided to get wordpress to host my site as it keeps everything all in one place. As you can tell from my description I am not technical with computer stuff but I struggled through, if you have trouble the wordpress help people are very good, look for the blue question make in the bottom right hand corner find the pert where you can connect to them and you can write to them and they write back while you wait. Hope this helps. Good luck.